Wednesday, August 22, 2012

06.05.2012 - Sore Losers

So Eric and I are big NY Rangers fans.  (Ok he's a bigger fan, I just started watching hockey when I met him... But 6 years has given me enough knowledge to know when to cheer and when to jeer!)

Imagine our dismay when the NJ Devils beat them in the Eastern Stanley Cup Finals.  Even worse, most of our friends are Devils fans - oh the gloating...

Imagine our GLEE (no music involved, mostly beer) when the LA Kings opened up a can of WHOOP ASS on the NJ Devils last night - Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals, and LA is up 3 games to NONE!  We've had to read our annoying friends' facebook statuses fawning over the NJ Devils after they beat the Rangers - those shitheads guys are awwwfully quiet now! 

Eric and I have already predicted what will happen next in facebook status updates when (not IF!) the LA Kings cream them in Game 4:
"Well that's ok, I'm just so glad we beat those damn NY Rangers!"

Excuse me? You only care that you beat the Rangers - sooooo you don't care at all if your team won or lost the ACTUAL Stanley Cup??

Sore losers.



No comments:

Post a Comment