Wednesday, August 22, 2012

06.11.2012 Morroco to NYC!

Eric and I recently went with a group to a Moroccan restauraunt, which was the first time we'd eaten Middle Eastern food, and I was a little nervous as spicy foods don't agree well with me and my mouth, throat and stomach...

The restaurant was VERY authentic and I felt a little embarrassed by our loud, obnoxious and American group drinking beer and Cosmos (BYOB!!)

BUT - it was great food and the belly dancers didn't start til 9pm so we were VERY loud and obnoxious by then (reservations were at 5:15!!)

Aaaaand then Eric and I were home and in bed by 10pm. 
On a Friday night. 
When I complained to E about that, his response was "Well, we're married now."
And?! 

Um, no kids, no crazy expenses- what the hell is our excuse for being so lame?!

I made up for it for the BOTH of us the next night:

Saturday morning I crossed the bridge into NYC, paid SIXTY-FOUR F*CKING DOLLARS for garage parking after cruising for 20 minutes...
 (what the HELL is up with me and not being able to find parking?!?!? seriously.)
We set out for some serious shopping down in Chelsea, stopped off for some brie cheese and crackers to go with a good (ok, cheap - but still good!) bottle of white wine.

AAAAAWESOME Italian dinner reservations at 7:30 where we stuffed our freaking faces, then met friends for drinks - "friends" being my NYC peeps: Pete, VH1 Morning Buzz host, her stylist and you know - the other cool people they hang out with... 
On the Seventh morning, we rested.  And brunched.  DUH - she lives in the Upper West Si-eeeeede - eeeeeveryone spends Sunday brunching!!  Stuffed our faces again, and helped along our hangovers with Pellini's - bellinis with POM juice.
An hour or so in Central Park capped off my time in NYC and back over the bridge I came,  glancing in the rearview at the Empire State, already planning my next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment