Monday, August 27, 2012

08.02.2012 - Shock Factor

To start off with good news, my good blogger friend is coming to visit from Iowa for 4 days and arrives tonight!! (I'm so freaking excited, I sit here at my desk at work, dancing like a 3rd grader on a Friday afternoon before a big sleepover!)
Every minute of every day is planned and scheduled with beach time, shopping, paddleboarding, martini time, NYC sight-seeing - and TONS of pictures - GET READY for an epic post on Sunday night from this most-likely exhausted gal!


It rained yesterday - who can resist a good shot of some pretty dew drops??



(and no, our lawn is NOT that long - it's some decorative long grass growing in our flower beds... bees or no, Eric is religious about keeping the lawn mown!)
























So I stayed inside and got the house ready for Elizabeth to arrive, according to "Bunny Williams' Tips to Prep Your Home for Houseguests" from Country and Living!"

Set out some nice flowers (dried counts right??)




Make sure your guest has a nice lamp to read by (just make sure there's oil in this antique hurricane lamp!)


























And when I was done sprucing up (ok not much sprucing up was done - mostly took pictures - cleaning still to be done in the 2.5 hours until I run to the airport tonight) I rocked out in my haven:
pic name pic name

No comments:

Post a Comment