Wednesday, August 22, 2012

07.2.2012 Surprise Surprise...

no really - a Surprise birthday party.

And it is sooooooo hard to plan a surprise party for suspicious someones!  I've been texting people late at night, because they're insisting Eric can see the event on Facebook (freak out on my part).  And then, when I open an email on my phone and the subject is "Evite - SSSHH" and someone's RSVPing, I have to quickly turn off the phone if he's around.
I'll admit - it does look a little shady.  Saturday morning was an email RSVP that I had to quickly close out.  He confronted me about being Super Slim Shady, and so I said, "I'll tell you EVERYTHING if you want.  Right now.  It'll ruin something for you, but if you need it, I will tell you EVERYTHING I'm doing.    YES, I AM hiding something right now - but I promise you will find out aaaall about it!"  I think that helped, and he seemed to be fine the rest of the weekend UNTIL....

Saturday, we went to our friend Chris's new apartment to have a few beers and help break the place in... We ended up at a bar down the street for some food and more drinks.  So this guy approached our table, where the girls were all sitting at one end (and apparently looking unattached...) and started talking to Jenn, who's engaged.  Her fiance Adam, sitting RIGHT NEXT TO HER, was like, hey man - enough.  That's my fiance.

So he apologized.  And moved on to me and Chris's girlfriend, Vanessa.  I don't even know what this guy was saying - I was focused on Eric at the other end of the table: a few beers in and getting his green beer muscles.  He doesn't normally start fights, but that night he quietly says across the whole table to our new friend, "Hey buddy - move on."  The kid apparently forgot to wear his lenses that night and missed the death ray glare coming from Eric, who then said, "Seriously bro." (I'm sorry, but Eric.. c'mon - "BRO?!")

He said, "Seriously bro, I'm not F*CKING amused anymore.  You need to step the F*CK away. NOW."

This was all said in a low I'm-not-dicking-around voice your parents used to use - and you would have preferred them yell than to do that almost-whisper that meant BUSINESS.

The whole sitch was kinda funny - because Eric is NEVER like this (except for when slapping guys at Bamboo DTS.)  Last time a guy approached me at a bar, it was my birthday and Eric said, hey - get as many free drinks out of the guy as you can!
All's well that ends well - we got back to the house with our friends Adam and Jenn who were staying the night.  We proceeded to ROCK OUT on guitar hero - until FOUR AM.  Someone please remind future Kate - she is NOT 21 anymore!!!

P365 (no clue what day)

No comments:

Post a Comment